Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Blender Hollandaise Sauce

I was in the grocery store the other day and I saw my favorite reminder that spring is almost here.  FRESH ASPARAGUS! I love it and trust me, nothing goes better with asparagus than Hollandaise Sauce.  I believe this recipe may have originated in an old Betty Crocker cookbook. But it sure is a goody where ever it came from.


Blender Hollandaise Sauce

3 Egg Yolks
2 drops Tabasco Sauce
1/2 teaspoonful Salt
2 tablespoonfuls Lemon Juice
1/2 cup Butter, melted


Place the Butter in a microwave safe measuring cup or bowl. Microwave just until melted and just starting to bubble.  Remove and set aside.
In a blender, add the Egg Yolks, Tabasco Sauce, Salt and Lemon Juice.  Process on high to combine.
With the blender still running, very slowly drizzle in the melted Butter.  
Remove and use immediately.

Note:  If it is necessary to hold the sauce for any time, it is best held in a thermal container or thermos. 
Note:  If the sauce if too thick, gently fold in a few drops of warm water.

No comments:

Post a Comment